Friday, April 23, 2010

Week 3 EOC

We've been living in the U.S. of A since how long? Of course that depends on the person, however, if you've been brought up here, or if you moved here because you wanted to, then you'd develop a bit of patriotism - whether you care for that stuff or not. When you hear "America(n)" you think "Us" - the U.S. is us, then anything involving the U.S. would be you. To hear, "The American's have a strong dollar", we feel somewhat proud, so needless to say I also feel the same.

Of course, there are things I don't agree with this country, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer to have a strong dollar. Yes, that also means we'll get in debt with everyone else though, and that just sucks. However, I guess I wouldn't feel bad if we were us in debt and not someone else - considering the other less fortunate countries. We've been known as the "New upcoming Power Dogs". It's about time we get off our high horse and learn some humility.

So, having a strong dollar to pay for exports from other countries seems better than having a weak dollar and importing. We've been hogging the ball for a while not, I guess it's time to let the other kids play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment